Tomato big bud (212)
Pacific Pests, Pathogens and Weeds
- Uncertain distribution. Many strains infecting different crops, ornamentals and weeds. Usually, a minor disease.
- Leaves yellow-green or purple, small, curled, stems thick, erect, flower buds swollen, petals green, and plants bushy as dormant buds grow. Fruit tough.
- Spread by leafhoppers moving from weeds to crops when dry.
- Cultural control: use a screened nursery; remove volunteers; remove diseased plants; weed; collect and burn trash after harvest.
- Chemical control: probably not effective or economic against migrating leafhoppers.
No responses yet...