Capsicum frog-eye spot (092)
Pacific Pests, Pathogens and Weeds
- Worldwide distribution. In the tropics. On capsicum and chilli. An important fungus.
- Fungal spots occur on leaves, stems and fruit stalks.
- Leaves die early and fall down, especially during wet weather.
- Spores form on the underside of the leaves and are spread in wind and rain.
- Cultural control: take seed only from healthy fruits; 3-year crop rotation; do not plant new crops next to old; collect, burn, or bury crop remains after harvest.
- Chemical control: chlorothalonil, copper or mancozeb.
No responses yet...