Giant taro leaf spot (188)
Pacific Pests, Pathogens and Weeds
- Narrow distribution. South and Southeast Asia, Oceania. On giant taro. A minor disease.
- Infection when leaves young, but spots develop later when leaves mature. Spots, grey, sunken with raised brown borders, sometimes with yellow halos.
- Sacs containing spores seen in the spots on the top surface of leaves. Sacs burst and spores spread in wind and rain.
- Cultural control: none; not likely to impact on corm yield.
- Chemical control: none recommended.
No responses yet...