Coconut Bogia disease (229)
Pacific Pests, Pathogens and Weeds
- Narrow distribution. Only found in the Madang area of Papua New Guinea. On coconut, betel and banana. A major disease.
- Coconuts with yellowing, drooping leaves, early nutfall, and rapid death. Banana plants with yellow leaves and dark streaks in the vascular tissues.
- Spread by insect is presumed, but not yet identified.
- Biosecurity: To contain the disease, there are restrictions on plant movements from the Province to elsewhere in Papua New Guinea, unless it passes through a period of quarantine.
- Cultural and chemical control: none recommended.
No responses yet...