Algal leaf spot (148)
Pacific Pests, Pathogens and Weeds
- Worldwide in sub-tropics and tropics. On many fruit trees, palms and spice crops. A minor disease in areas of high temperature and rainfall.
- Spots green to orange, (sometimes black) 2-4 mm, flattened, with furry growth, and indistinct margins, sometimes resulting in leaf fall and shoot dieback.
- Worse with poor nutrition, poor drainage, too much or too little shade.
- Cultural control: prune low-hanging branches; check growing conditions – drainage, nutrition, shade, adjust tree density to allow air movement, weed.
- Chemical control: no recommendations.
No responses yet...