Banana mosaic (100)
Pacific Pests, Pathogens and Weeds
- Worldwide distribution, in temperate, sub-tropical and tropical countries. Very wide host range: cucurbit, bean, potato families, weeds as well as crops. A minor disease of banana.
- Light and dark green dots, short lines or patches along the veins; sometimes distortions. Later, new leaves appear healthy.
- Aphids spread sap and virus from diseased to healthy plants, moving by wing or wind between them.
- Cultural control: not appropriate as disease is not important on banana; important for many other crops.
- Chemical control: insecticides are not appropriate, mineral oil repel aphids and may reduce virus spread.
No responses yet...