Noni shot-hole disease (313)
Pacific Pests, Pathogens and Weeds
- Narrow distribution. Probably, a fungal disease of minor importance. Lack of research on control measures.
- Spots roughly circular, up to 2 cm diameter, yellowish, grey or reddish brown with narrow red borders, and black fruiting bodies within. Centres of spots may fall out.
- Spread occurs by rain splash or spores carried by wind.
- Cultural control: plant at wider than normal spacing; collect and burn infected leaves; do not shade, i.e., grow beneath tall trees.
- Chemical control: use copper, chlorothalonil or mancozeb.
No responses yet...