Sweetpotato flea hopper (026)
Pacific Pests, Pathogens and Weeds
- Narrow distribution. On brassicas, cucurbits, beans, peanuts, sweetpotato. An important pest.
- Eggs laid in leaves; nymphs green, shiny black as adults, 2 mm long, with large hind legs, long antennae, piercing mouth parts. Impact unknown.
- Sucking causes white spots, sometimes whole leaf turns greyish-white. Black faecal spots on leaves.
- Cultural control: plant healthy vines; plant new crops far from old; weed; Chinese cabbage, radish, mustard as trap crops; collect and burn trash after harvest.
- Chemical control: PDPs - derris, pyrethrum or chilli; or synthetic pyrethroids.
No responses yet...